Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am not friends with my crap box 360

$Soft is awesome. They have an amazing business plan. Sell a $500.00 video game machine and then let it crap out so everyone has to buy a new one....Rinse and repeat.

OK so a little background. Microsoft.....excuse me. $SOFT, started selling these little known machines called an Xbox 360. Well They made them like crap and they had a ton of overheating issues. At first these well made machines had a 90 day warranty. Well, I had my Crap Box for an amazing year before it died. I called $SOFT and they said they would fix it for $150.00, since it was out of warranty. Well I was NOT going to pay for that so I did some research, found out what was causing the problem opened my crap box and fixed it. As my life seems to go, about 2 weeks after I open my xbox $soft issues a press release and lets us all know that they got sued and the warranty for overheating is now 3 years. well I am out of luck because I opened my xbox and broke the "do not remove this seal".

I used to have to open my crap box and fix it about every 3 months after I went through this first ordeal. recently its been about every 3 weeks. My crap box died again last night and I fear I won't be able to revive it for much longer. I need my NCAA 09 and Gears of War 2.......

My heart hurts.

3 comments:

Rie Rie said...

They told us when we bought ours to stand it up vertically. Did you do that and it still overheated! If so....we are in touble too! So sorry for your trouble!

Meghan said...

my condolences. my thoughts are with you in your time of grieving.

TravandNat said...

Boo to the crap boxes! We just ended up buying another because Travis isn't as handy as you are!! :)