Sunday, May 10, 2009

Susan G. Komen - Race for the Cure

Yesterday I joined 18 thousand of my friends for a great cause to support the fight against breast cancer.  It is very difficult to try and start running when 18 thousand people are packed into one city block, but it does show how many people support the cause, and it was a great experience.  Next Saturday Jess and I will be running for another great cause.  Please support the Brain Injury Association of Utah! My wife and I will be running for Charlie Cooper If he is not your reason, I'm sure you can find one! We will see you all next Saturday morning!!!


Don't ever give a 30 year old that does not have much to do a pink cape when he finishes a race.  He might get home and try to fly....... I am going to chalk this thought process up to the endorphins from the 5K



5 comments:

Suz said...

You are not right.

Marilee said...

You cannot blame that on endorphins--or youthful indecretion--or a pink cape.

Jolene said...

I did that race 2 years ago in honor of a teacher at my school who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. It is amazing to look in front of you and behind you and see the mass of people, shoulder to shoulder for miles. Great race, but I have a greater affection for the MUCH smaller one coming up this Saturday. See you all there.

TravandNat said...

Way to support TWO awesome causes. I love the awesome cape!! You guys are the best!

Meghan said...

ty wears a cape quite regularly. totally normal around our place. his is purple. can't wait to see you next week.